17 July 2012

Lili's Having a Little Lamb

My sister is expecting a baby in September and I was so excited to FINALLY host a themed baby shower!  I based it all around a "Little Lamb" theme with off whites, beiges and browns and a touch of lime green to set everything off.  Unfortunately, the day of the shower I had a terrible sore throat and laryngitis so was feeling miserable and didn't get to enjoy the party at all.  It also meant that I was scrambling to take pictures at the last minute so I didn't capture all the details as well as I would have liked.  The essentials are captured below.  I hope you enjoy!


The invitation was sent out wrapped in yarn with a card requesting guests to bring books in lieu of cards.  

The mantle was decorated with yarn-wrapped letters spelling out BABY, balls of yarn, a basket of raw wool and a stuffed sheep of my son's.

With the temperature hovering around 30 celsius, the drinks were white sangria (hugely popular!), limeade and iced tea all served in pitchers wrapped in cotton with a large safety pin, to resemble a cloth diaper.  

Some cute bottles of water with labels saying "Lili's having a little lamb" and the sheep from the invitation. 

 Supper was chicken pesto sandwiches, veggie and hummus wraps and orzo salad.  The desserts were coconut cupcakes (to resemble sheep, of course!), lime green almond macaroons, coffee meringue cookies and shortbreads.

Cutlery bundles tied with green polka dot ribbon.

I found the idea for these sheep cookies online and couldn't resist passing up a nap to finish them for the party.  I'm glad I did because everyone loved them as much as I did.

Baby clothes were hung on yarn clothes-lines with old fashioned clothes pins.


No comments:

Post a Comment